Meet Nurse Practitioner Kim James
Our practice believes that all patients deserve excellent medical care and we thrive to provide just that so that you will live your best lives and maximize their health now!
How my well-rounded education benefits my patients
My education benefits my patients because I had a chance to preceptor and get a feel for the outpatient setting. This added experience allowed me to feel more comfortable as a provider.
- Florence-Darlington Technical College (Associate Degree in Nursing, 2011)
- Walden University (Bachelor of Nursing 2014)
- Walden University (Master of Nursing-Acute Care Nurse Practitioner 2016)
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Register Nurse (RN) Compact State
Basic Life Support
Advance Cardiac Life Support
How my community service affects my patients
My community service activities allows me to have compassion for all people and to give back any way I can to people that are less fortune than I. Most of all it allows me to never get to high and mighty that I look down on anyone because of what they do not have or what they look like.
How my work experience enables me to serve my patients better
My work experience has provided me with the opportunity to work with both young adults and the older adult populations. I also have had the opportunity to see patients of different age groups receive different levels of care in various healthcare settings.
- USAAJJ Medical Florence South Carolina (July 2017-Present)
- Florence Darlington Technical College Florence SC (May 2015-Present)
- Carolinas Hospital Florence South Carolina (March 2007-July 2017)
- McLeod Hospital, Florence South Carolina, (July 2014-July 2017) (MICU-Medical Intensive Care Unit)
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, Florence S.C. (January 2013-May 2015)
- Florence-Darlington Technical College: CE (October 2013-April 2015)
CNA Instructor (Lake City SC)
- Sumter Valley Health and Rehab, Sumter S.C. (April 2011-present)
Staff Development Coordinator (April 2011-September 2011),
Director of Nursing RN (September 2011-September 2012)
Why being active in my profession is important
Being active in my profession allows me to grow as a new practitioner. It also allows me to demonstrate what I have learned.
Personal Interests and Hobbies
Spending time with my family